worcester bosch 350 combi. gas boiler.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks, boiler has started to occasionally fire-up and run for a few seconds and then cut out.Switching power off/on has so far resulted in it starting OK (sometimes it takes a couple of off/ons). Then it runs Ok for a couple of days before problem happens again. Any suggestions/advice would be gratefully received. Thanks Keel.

Sponsored Links
I assume that this is a boiler which has not been serviced lately?

Since there could be so many causes of your problem my advice would be to call a competent CORGI engineer who will be able to perform checks and assess the most likely cause of the problem.

Tony

HI just had same prob myself, and just cost £300 ( AND MINE SERVICED EVERY YEAR ) IT starts with the fan and condenser cost about £150- 185 then fitting .... I got a good deal at £300 for new fan and igniter pcb supplyed and fitted with a corgi reg heating engineer

350 does not have a condensor.

Tony what do you do during a service on the 350?

Sponsored Links
.... I got a good deal at £300 for new fan and igniter pcb supplyed and fitted with a corgi reg heating engineer

Since the fan and ignition PCB cost at least £260 its difficult for me to believe that any CORGI would be fitting these for just £40.

If it was £300 plus VAT then its just conceivable.

Otherwise I have to expect that it was a dodgy deal with the £300 going to the CORGI and the parts stolen from his employer.

However, I think British Gas and possibly Worcester will do boiler repairs at a fixed price of aroung £210 including parts.

Tony

why do you some of you,se guys always have to be so negative not every problem needs to have corgi engineer.how do you no its not had a service.people are given you symptons of there problems for some advice to fixing it.if your not going to be helpful dont answer.if its not gas related you dont have to be corgi reg :evil:

You are now showing your lack of knowledge about gas matters.

The fan is part of the gas combustion process and as such should only be replaced by a competent CORGI.

The little tubes on the fan are also part of the safety protection built into the boiler.

Tony

Stucky, when uz the regulars here, who do this work day in day out, very often when a poster pens his problems on these pages, regulars 'see' things a diyer or an occasional dabbler might not be aware of.

Furthermore, are you suggesting one and all in this fair land get their boiler serviced every birthday? Clearly obvious you are either a dabbler or 'a heating engineer' in his prime.

now back to some help for the guy.keel do you have to press the reset button on top of boiler.try taken tube off fan and suck or blow on it. its connectd to the air pressure switch if it ignites boiler its faulty

now back to some help for the guy.keel do you have to press the reset button on top of boiler.try taken tube off fan and suck or blow on it. its connectd to the air pressure switch if it ignites boiler its faulty

I'm guessing nearly 2 years later, there's a fair chance he's fixed it ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back