Worcester-Bosch Condense Syphon Filling programme

rcs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I've noticed that the condensing drain is just dripping and not pouring every now and then. It was fine a few weeks ago but after a couple of power interruptions, it's now just dripping, constantly.
Does the syphon need to be filled again to stop this (i.e. re-commission) or is it a fault. Not really a problem, just noticed it as it's going into a bucket whilst the kitchen is converted and correct plumbing been installed.
Many Thanks
rcs.

Sponsored Links
Feel end of condensate pipe when blr in dhw mode to make sure fumes aren't passing down pipe

No fumes evident. Have sorted now by plumbing into waste trap in sink and now I don't think the tap is constantly dripping! :LOL:
Thanks
rcs

Sponsored Links
Just found out that if condensate not complete ie into bucket or cap missing blr should be classified as i.d.

Is that because risk of fumes coming out of it?

Could you let me know more please as I was always led to believe that there is supposed to be a air gap in the condensate drain somewhere by my local CORGI inspector :?:

weareleeds said:
Just found out that if condensate not complete ie into bucket or cap missing blr should be classified as i.d.

Sorry, don't understand "blr" or "classified as i.d." Could you elaborate please?
Many Thanks
rcs

Yes it is ID. The condensate drain is classed as part of the flue so whoever left it in a bucket whats a kick!

Luckily most boilers have an inbuilt siphon so you dont actually get fumes unless its empty!

The Worcesters have a Syphon fill program which you can turn off if its peeing you off but it should still dump a certain amount at various intervals.

RCS hope you have teed it in AFTER the trap! or water break

Stan

Well it doesn't appear to be syphoning, just constantly trickling. I understand that it should fill a 'trap' which once filled, then empties by syphon action. If it's just trickling out and not ouring in a deluge every time it's filled, it would appear that it is effectively the flue!
The tee is into a bi-tee trap of the sink waste. Is this acceptable?
Many Thanks
rcs

What model is it. :?:

All condensing boilers have a trap fitted internally to the boiler to prevent combustion products escaping, however some of these traps do not comply with building regulations and additional traps are required.

In addition some boilers are also fitted with syphons (may be combined with the trap) to reduce the risk of the condense freezing by releasing a measured quantity each time.

Air breaks are also dependant on the boiler model and length/connection to final waste position.

rcs said:
Well it doesn't appear to be syphoning, just constantly trickling. I understand that it should fill a 'trap' which once filled, then empties by syphon action. If it's just trickling out and not ouring in a deluge every time it's filled, it would appear that it is effectively the flue!
The tee is into a bi-tee trap of the sink waste. Is this acceptable?
Many Thanks
rcs
Check the MI's they will tell you :idea:

Stan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back