Worcester Bosch drip drip drip

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Worcester Bosch boiler, I think is about 10-15 years old, the type that heats water on demand there is no storage tank. I need to get a safety certificate, but want to get an ongoing problem fixed first and am keen to try to get as much information as possible before calling an engineer in the hope of saving money. If I definitely need a new part, I would say that the engineer could bring this and make one trip not two.

This is what happens.. There is an outside pipe located behind the boiler; it drips more or less constantly, at the same time pressure slowly falls. The pressure gauge has a marker for one bar, I tend to let enough water in so that it goes up to two bars and then about every 2-3 days I need to let more water in. I am not aware of any water leaks in the house and would say that if the issue was due a leak I would know, I am putting a lot of water in and on a regular basis

Clearly this can’t go on! It seems to me that it’s quite possible that whatever mechanism inside the boiler that is designed to release water due to too much pressure is faulty.

Any help much appreciated

Sponsored Links
possibly the expansion vessle, but if it is constantly dripping it sounds as if the prv is faulty, possibly just a bit of muck stopping it from sealing

Sponsored Links
No engineer worth his salt is going to trust the diagnosis of a landlord/homeowner based on what he read on an internet forum.

He hopefully should have decent idea what the fault would be from your description when you phone up.

Also, unless he already has the parts in stock, he isn't going to buy them on the off chance they will be needed.
:rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back