worcester bosch highflow 400 rsf stopped working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've just moved into a new house and it has a worcester bosch 400 rsf boiler.

It was fine for a couple of days until I bled a radiator which dropper the pressure down.

Since that point the CH or HW wont come on.

I read in a previous post to lower the two stats to zero and then raise back up to reset a possible trip in an o/h stat.

Still nothing.

Any suggestions welcome and thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Remove the pull off front cover and check the reset button(s) Its most likely the boiler fired up to recharge the heat bank without enough water in it after you vented the rad

you might need to top up the pressure in the system,
what does the pressure gauge say on the front of the boiler? is it down in the red? if so, you'll need to top it up.

you may have a standard filling loop, or an internal one.

Oh Yeah. Obviously you need to put water back in the boiler/system :D

Just assumed you'd done that ;)

Sponsored Links
firstly thanks for the replies, the little reset button is 'loose' theres no resistance when you press it, its a little red one that sits underneath the 2 dials

The pressure has been topped up and sits just over 1

the standby light is solid but no demand light

Looking at the manual for a WB highflow 400 rsf
gc: 47-311-18

There are two manual reset buttons, one on the LH and one on RH underside of the control assembly.

crafty little switch couldnt see it but felt it, pressed and the demand light is a glorious green, fingers crossed in 5 mins ill have heat again...

If you wasnt aware already you boiler will warm the heat bank first and then move over to the central heating. Enjoy your warmth :)

I have worcester high flow 400 electronic but I can't find the reset buttons anywhere! Any ideas please???

Have you read the advice given above?

Or even looked at the service manual?

Yes of course I have! Mine is a different model so commments don't apply. There is nothing in the manual about reset switch location and I can't find anything on google or YouTube either. I've tried to look in the control panel for the switch as it does not appear to be located anywhere on it but instead I have just ended up in the electrics rather than simply finding the switch. I saw how helpful this site was and thought I would give it a go asking on here! Thinking that may not have been the best move now!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back