Worcester Bosch TR2 Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a WB Combi which is working fine but the TR2 keeps sticking at 15, in consequence the boiler/heating often does not come on.

Mr Aka competent to fit replacement, but aware that TR2 is now quite old and hard to get, consequently out of stock many places and very pricey.

Aware that just can't bung in any old thermostat, has to be compatible with boiler which is RD532i.

Is there any way I can find out what replacement thermostat would work?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Is that the one with the smart display on the front with the yellow buttons ? They're a pain in the arris and you can't fit alt controls.

No, it's quite a basic thing. I'll try and upload a pic.
TR2_zpsgej69c03.jpg

Sponsored Links
Afaik yes. Someone else might be along to say otherwise but I'm sure you can't fit other external controls.

I don't think that you can. But it seems a bit strange that it won't go above 15 degrees. That is usually the set back temperature.
I assume that you do know how to use it and the settings are correct.
The little dial on the room stat switches between the different settings.
If it is left set like in your picture on the moon then it will stay at the setback temperature as I said usually 15 degrees.
Set it to the picture of the clock and it will come on to the temperature you set it to at the times set.
Set it to the sun and it will run constantly at the temperature you set.

The picture shown with the thermostat being set to moon is a stock picture as our thermostat is in a dark hallway with no windows away from a light and hard to photograph. The picture of the boiler is our actual boiler though.

We usually leave the thermostat on clock (timed) set to 19/20/21 (exact temp depends on how cold) except in the school holidays when we turn it right down or set it to moon or frost guard (depending on the time of year) as we go away for weeks at a time. I checked the info on the boiler and setback temperature IS 15 degrees. Occasionally if we have been away for a long time or are in the house during the day and it is cold (we don't have heating on during the day as we are generally all at school/work but I do occasionally work from home) we will put it on sun (continuous) at 19/20/21 to get continuous heat and then turn it back to timed once the house has warmed up.

The issue we've been having is that we generally leave it on clock (timed) set at 19/20/21 and we've been noticing sometimes in the mornings when it is supposed to come on at 7am and heat the house up to 19/20/21 that it hasn't been coming on and when you look at the boiler it says "Room Temperature 15 degrees" "Required Room Temperature 15 Degrees" and it is definitely set to "On(Comfort)" and NOT "Off (Economy)" so it is like the boiler has come on but despite the thermo being set to 19/20/21 it is still working to the setback temp of 15 degrees (so ignoring the thermostat) and because the house is generally around 15 degrees anyway the heating doesn't come on at all. Generally we can fix this by turning the thermostat right up to about 28 and then down again but if you have the thermostat actually SET to 21 degrees on timed and the heating doesn't come on at the appointed hour because the boiler is still working to a 15 degree setback temperature DESPITE what the thermostat says then that suggests to me that the thermostat is sticking.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back