Worcester Bosch

Sponsored Links
you will get a better response to that question in the CC. we do subbie work for them why do you ask the question ?

you will get a better response to that question in the CC. we do subbie work for them why do you ask the question ?

Can't get into the CC section yet. Waiting to be "approved"

Thinking about applying for a job with them as field service engineer -gas boilers

well as said we do subbie work for them, and meet up lots with their direct labour, they seem a decent bunch to work for conditions seem fair enough

Sponsored Links
I'm a Worcester service engineer. If your interested in a job then I hope you don't mind performance related pay and working Saturdays. We do a 6 day week every other week for 6 months in the winter and a 6 day week one in 3 for the summer 6 months. Your performance is base mainly on recalls, if you go to a job and have to go back within 30 days for what ever reason it's a recall. Hours are 8 till 4 which isn't bad, that's 8 you leave your house and 4 you should get back.

I'm a Worcester service engineer. If your interested in a job then I hope you don't mind performance related pay and working Saturdays. We do a 6 day week every other week for 6 months in the winter and a 6 day week one in 3 for the summer 6 months. Your performance is base mainly on recalls, if you go to a job and have to go back within 30 days for what ever reason it's a recall. Hours are 8 till 4 which isn't bad, that's 8 you leave your house and 4 you should get back.

Thanks for that info. I work for the AA Home Emergency Response at the moment and work shifts so am used to working Saturdays , Sundays, Bank Holidays, Xmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years day so I don't think you can get any worse than that !
I was wondering what the pay and holidays are like.
I have an application in at the moment for Field Service Engineer.
I have been a Gas Service Engineer for 37 yrs and am used to repairing all makes of boilers.
The hours certainly sound better than what I am doing.
How many jobs are you expected to do a day ?
Do you get overtime if you work late ?
Do you work within a certain postcode area ?
Can you use your van for private use or is it just work use only ?
I am being sent all over the place and am fed up with all the driving around - I cover from the South Coast up to Milton Keynes !

Sorry for all the questions but am trying to find out a little bit about the job etc.

Thanks
Tim

The farthest you will be sent is about an hour and a half from home so prob better than you are getting now travel wise. The amout of jobs depends on job type and travel time. For instance you get 65mins for a standard breakdown and 45mins for service. The most I've had in 1 day is 8 jobs but that kind of day you will find it's mostly servicing and very little travelling. If you work over you will get paid £25 for that over time job. If you want to know the pay then pm me.

I forgot the holidays. You get 25 days per year plus bank holidays but you have to provide cover for 2/3 bank holidays but get double pay for this.
You can use the van for private use but you have to pay the tax which I'm sure is the same as every other companies but you don't need to pay fuel, you can't cheat this either as vans have trackers.

The farthest you will be sent is about an hour and a half from home so prob better than you are getting now travel wise. The amout of jobs depends on job type and travel time. For instance you get 65mins for a standard breakdown and 45mins for service. The most I've had in 1 day is 8 jobs but that kind of day you will find it's mostly servicing and very little travelling. If you work over you will get paid £25 for that over time job. If you want to know the pay then pm me.

I'm new to this site .
How do you send a PM ?

Thanks ,
Tim.

Click on Messages near the top of the page
Click on Compose New Message
Enter the recipient’s user name and a subject
Type message
Click on Send Message

Simples.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back