Worcester Bosch?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a potterton suprima that was commissioned on 9-11. (2001)
it had the classic trouble with the circuit board which was fixed and recently became troublesome to start.

I can get it to start by switching it off and on again but it's really flakey.
I accept that it may be time to replace it.

The house is a 3 bedroom semi of average size, hot water storage tank in airing cupboard.
I prefer baths to showers. The boiler is in the garage, wall mounted

The company that my mate uses has Worcester Bosch logos all over it's website
are they any good? ( the boilers)

any idea for prices? How much is "too much' to fix a 17 year old boiler that by all accounts was a bit of a crap one to start with?
What's a reasonable charge for what would be a basic boiler swap plus any odds and sods on a previously ok system.?

Sponsored Links
It all Depends on the state of the system, location, current controls, region, wind direction.

Cheapest I've ever done that was just under £1800, but i knew the system and had relocated all the cylinder and stuff to the garage a year before.

It was a Suprima that came out too. But it was also a Saturday.

Would I install a Worcester? Would I feck. Only perhaps if it was a like for like replacement for a Highflow.

Intergas all the way.

But instead of wondering "how much". Wonder "how well". Good ain't necessarily cheap. Cheap is seldom good.

Worcester have a great after sales service but their products are not good, far better choices out there

Sponsored Links
As above, Worcester have generally good after-sales service (although I was on hold to them for over 20 minutes a couple of weeks ago, so maybe that's changing) but it's much better to go for a boiler that doesn't need a huge army of 300+ engineers keeping them working.

Intergas for the win :D

Can't go wrong, with the Worcester Heat Only Boiler. Upto 7 year Warranty, basic boiler no bells or whistles but does what you want it to do. I like them, look after loads and fitted loads.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back