Worcester Combi - 2 issues

"Air" building up as fast as you describe on the towel rail is not ok on a sealed system, the only two normal explanations for this is a micro leak on the system and the pump draws air in through this micro leak and the towel rail is simply the most convenient place for it to gather. Or you have a certain amount of corrosion in the system resulting in a hydrogen build up in the towel rail, which could also explain the "dirty " leak from the boiler, if hydrogen build up is a possibility then there are methods for proving if its air or hydrogen.

Either way, apart from a clean dribble of water after removing the filling loo key, there should be no wAter appearing below the boiler or on the bottom Tray.

Theres a 3rd option ScottishGasMan.

Pinhole plate Hx, common with WB, and would cause all the problems above.

Sponsored Links
BG Engineer suggested the bubbles I heard were due to the system 'cooling down' AFTER dhw demand....However I am sure these air bubbles occur during the tap being run, not after. Hence a leak in the hx (which I assume is heat exchanger) was my first thought.

So I have a leak somewhere either in the hx or elsewhere, but obviously if it is in the hx, BG are reluctant to accept the possibility.......lovely. Would love to get a second opinion but can't afford to so I'll clean up the base plate and see how it looks next time I have a cold bathroom lol.

Thanks for your help people

EDIT to add:

BG engineer recharged the expansion vessel....I guess he thought it would help lol

Ignore gasright he's a ********/****. Bg obviously haven't flushed your system correctly; insist it's done again FOC.

Secondly the accumulation of air is due to a leak on the system, and/or gassing up due to corrosion, this needs finding and fixing under your contract also FOC.

There are some good bg engineers but sadly they are a minority; too many like gasright are just charlatans without a clue and have the morals of Robert maxwell. If they were anywhere else they'd be sacked long ago.

Bg are a cut throat business and will rob you blind if you are gullable enough to let them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back