Worcester Combi Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Our local council has fitted the entire estate out with new boilers - I'm not too sure of the model off the top of my head.

We have had it since august this year, we have 7 radiators and one of them is constantly warm , when we had it fitted the person said that one of them always needed to be on and without a controller fitted to it.

The last few days all our radiators are pretty warm and I thought my partner put it on in the night but the next day and night were the same. When I asked they hadn't put it on and thermostat on the wall was on the lowest setting possible.

We turned the combi off at the wall and let everything cool down and when we started it back up it was ok for the night but as soon as we had a shower about 2 hours later the radiators haven't cooled down since.

When it was first fitted the radiators used to respect the thermostat even if we had a shower or run the taps the radiators would stay stone cold.

We have a prepay gas meter and today alone its swallowed up about 2 quid in the last 4 hours without us running taps or anything to make it use it... its as if the combi is constantly running the radiators.

What would be the best way to go about checking this? could it be a faulty thermostat or are they always meant to be warm regardless

Cheers

Dan

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back