worcester diverter valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all new to this site .wonder if any of you experts can help me .got a worcester 28cdi boiler 18 months old and has developed a small drip from the operating rod on the diverter vavle .can you tell me can the diaphragm be changed without removing the whole unit.it looks a bit tight but may be possible what do you think :(

Sponsored Links
Nah.

Also

The o ring that it will be leaking from tends to be virtually impossible to get out.
I even have the correct tool to remove it but have only ever got one out.

New diverter is the only answer if you can't remove it.

i ordered a diverter valve once, it went to the house next door.

(sorry i couldn't resist it)

If this is the model I think it is then its a real pig even for a professional. With the diverter horizontal towards the back and a row of black plastic water bits along the front !

If its only the push rod gland at the microswitch then you should be able to repair just that in situ. Still not the easiest task but possible!

Tony

Sponsored Links
thanks guys just one thing can only buy the diaphragm in a pack of 4 unless any of you know where i can purchase just 1 unless you think this is going to be a regular occurance ps breezer thanks for that :LOL:

In spite of what we have told him he still thinks he is going to replace the diaphragm to solve his leak!

I would allow 150 minures for that job!

Tony

hey i dont give up that easily give a guy a chance ,i will let you know how i get on ;ps how much is a new boiler just in case er not worcester ;)

stopleak said:
hey i dont give up that easily give a guy a chance ,i will let you know how i get on ;ps how much is a new boiler just in case er not worcester ;)

Have fun ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back