Worcester Greenstar 24i jnr

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI can you help please.
I'm stumped and worcester tech help are literally no help whatsoever.
I have a customer that has a 24i jnr combi that has an issue with the hot water so im after some advice please.

When the hot tap is turned on the water is hot for about 3 minutes then gradually the temp drops off to warm then luke warm then cold, yet the boiler is still running and the burner is still going. The heat isn't leeching into the heating system as i have checked and the Diverter valve stays in the up position and i have also checked the paddle for pinholes.

The plate heat exchanger was changed about a month ago and a combi mate was also fitted as they had no scale protection.
Both temp sensor resistances have been checked whilst on the phone to tech help and according to them were correct.

The flow speed does not change at the tap when the temp is dropping. I did notice that the bypass stays relatively hot but am not sure what would cause this.
Any advice would be gratefully received

Terry

Sponsored Links
Blocked P2P. You say it was changed? Or was it cleaned? If so then boiler sludge. The bypass gets hot for a reason, it's doing it's job.

Thanks for the reply.

Plate heat exchanger was changed , So a flush would sort it or would you recommend taking out the hydraulic block and cleaning each part ?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply.

Plate heat exchanger was changed , So a flush would sort it or would you recommend taking out the hydraulic block and cleaning each part ?

Don't pee about taking that mother out, flush it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back