Worcester Greenstar 24i problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm new to this forum but need help with my boiler. Suddenly today, the radiators stopped heating up. The Digistat seems fine and the blue light is on the boiler, but I can't hear anything fire up when I flick the heating on. I tried pressing 'reset' on the boiler but nothing happens. What else would you need to know to help troubleshoot the problem? Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
A blue light means you either have no gas, a faulty gas valve or a blockage in the flue.
(according to Google)

Non of which you can diy.
Although you can look outside at your flue, try the oven and see if you have gas.
Time to call a gas engineer in.

The blue light tells you that you have power to the boiler, unless it is flashing, which indicates a fault.
My first port of call would be to see if the boiler actally has a demand for heat from the stat.
If HW is working, then that's quite likely the problem

Reactions: CBW
Does the digistat take batteries and have you tried new ones if it does?

Sponsored Links
Thanks all. The HW is working, and the digistat is wired in. The digistat seems to be functioning (as in, the display's on, etc) but perhaps it's not communicating properly with the boiler? Although I guess I wouldn't have HW if that was the case?

If it’s a combi boiler, then you can have hot water without the central heating thermostat working. If the digistat is sending a signal back to the boiler, then the problem is elsewhere, could be the diverter not moving.

EDIT: I've tested if the digistat is sending a signal. Nothing fires up when I turn the heating on, but it does when I turn on HW

Last edited:
EDIT: I've tested if the digistat is sending a signal. Nothing fires up when I turn the heating on, but it does when I turn on HW
I’d suspect another component then - time to get an engineer me thinks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back