Worcester Greenstar 25Si Combi Boiler Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Just looking for a little advice really.

We've had a Worcester Greenstar 25Si Combi Boiler installed for 4 years, works perfectly fine, but our Radio Frequency Thermostat has broken. To replace it, it will cost nearly £150 (link - http://www.plumbnation.co.uk/site/worcester-mt10rf-mechanical-rf-thermostat-7716192037/).

My question is, is it possible to buy this (link - http://www.plumbnation.co.uk/site/worcester-mt10-mechanical-timer-7716192036/) and not bother getting a Radio Frequency Thermostat? Would we be able to control the heating on the boiler itself using the clock dial on this product?

Apologies if it's a ridiculous question, just want to know if we could save over £100 for the sake of having a Remote Thermostat. Looks like I could plug this in myself also instead of getting my electrian to install it for me - another potential saving...

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Sponsored Links
You could do that however you will not see the rewards gained by having a room thermostat
In the long term it would be better to replace the unit like for like out of curiosity what's wrong with the old thermostat ??

Thanks for your reply.

My wife dropped it as we never got it fixed to a wall. We've had a couple people look at it, but it's completely knackered.

Please excuse my lack of understanding, but what are the benefits of a room thermostat vs it being fixed to the boiler? We have thermostats on each radiator in each room, so we can control the temperatures of each room, it's just we can't switch on the heating at all without either the MT10 or MT10RF.

Our Boiler is very accessable (it's in our kitchen).

Thanks again

Your thermostat is not fixed at the boiler this is the receiver unit
The transmitter is your thermostat and operates accordingly in response to the ambient temperature to where it is situated it also provides an interlock to the boiler to stop it from cycling on and off when there is no need for any additional heat to be provided by the boiler

Sponsored Links
Boiler requires time and temp control. Mt10 does not do temp, it's cheaper as it is essentially a different product. If an accredited installer fitted it then it should still be under warranty(5yrs)
I would fit a dt10rf Instead.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back