worcester greenstar si30

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have aproblem which started after i had my boiler serviced. basically whenever i try and run a bath the boiler trips. it works fine when central heating only.
i have had the engineer back out and he reckons the problem is due to the incoming mains water temp being too cold!!!!!
there have been no problems in the 2 yrs i have had the boiler up to the point of the service.
all ideas greatly appreciated.
i intend to get the engineer back out again but i am curious as to the cause of the problem

thanks

Sponsored Links
If it is just out of warranty give worcester a call they may still come out under warranty if you lay it on thick enough, they are usually pretty good at customer service.
As for too cold water causing boiler to trip, load of nonsense.
Sounds like he has played with combustion settings and got them wrong.
Does it make any strange noises?

H4 thanks for the quick response.
there does not appear to be any unusual noises.
as for the warranty i was led to believe the warranty only lasted 2 years if the boiler was serviced 12 months after installation (which i never got done, i wish hadn't got it done this time as well now)

Sponsored Links
Give them a try anyway all they can say is no and you are no worse off, if they ask if it was serviced at 12 months just say yes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back