Worcester Highflow 3.5 not firing up - HELP PLEASE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Worcester 3.5 Highflow which when calling for heat the boiler does not fire up. However when I manually open the motorised valve the boiler fires up and the radiators seem to heat up ok. When I then return the valve back to the normal closed position after a few minutes the boiler switches off - even though it is still calling for heat.

Any suggestions on a possible cause and remedy would be VERY much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Mack

Sponsored Links
PVM has a way with words but is spot on :LOL:

As the valve isn't opening the boiler is simply circulating primary water through the heat bank and as soon as the CH temp is reached (quite quickly in this state) the CH stat cuts off the gas.

Workaround until you get the valve changed (if you don't want to freeze) is to hold it in the open position using the open position "latch". This will be unlatched though if a demand for HW causes the heat bank temperature to drop below the HW stat setting (any reasonable draw off of HW). Best thing to do is to make sure all the family have had their showers/baths and then latch the valve open and set the HW stat to minimum.

If it's the actuator its a 5 minute job for the DIY'er, if the valve is seized though and requires changing its quite a big job and, unless you know what you're doing, I'd get someone in.

Hopefully it will be the actuator ;)

Good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back