worcester r35he plus s plan wiring problem

Sponsored Links
Yes Dave the tr2 pcb as picasso has stated, I probs won't get the chance to study it till fri though as away at mo

matt

Cheers Dave
Ok here's how the rt2's circuit actually is

View media item 48169
First off
Hi matt did check external wiring just as above, also removed wires altogether and manually called for heat by linking the 2.2 resistor out with a piece of wire only to have same result i.e room temp stays 18 degrees when link removed

Dave, when you did this, did you give the boiler any time to respond to the removal of the call for heat, or did it stay "stuck " on 18 degrees till you reset?
I have an Idea for another approach, and also what make/model of controller are you using for the UFH?

Matt

Sponsored Links
Cheers Dave
Ok here's how the rt2's circuit actually is

View media item 48169
First off
Hi matt did check external wiring just as above, also removed wires altogether and manually called for heat by linking the 2.2 resistor out with a piece of wire only to have same result i.e room temp stays 18 degrees when link removed

Dave, when you did this, did you give the boiler any time to respond to the removal of the call for heat, or did it stay "stuck " on 18 degrees till you reset?
I have an Idea for another approach, and also what make/model of controller are you using for the UFH? Hi matt did give it plenty time, the thought of resistors needing time to respond did come to mind therefor left it for a good 45 mins whilst having tea, only to find it still stuck on 18 degrees, also wondered what resistance through wire length would make or am i barking up wrong tree? The make of u/f control is uponor c35 which has a relay to operate call for heat be it 240v or volt free dependant what you put through it.

Matt

Hi Dave,
Just reading your predicament with great interest , as I have exactly the same problem and would love to know if you successfully resolved it and how?
Regards,
Trevor

Sagwala1";p="2526925 said:
Hi Dave,
Just reading your predicament with great interest , as I have exactly the same problem and would love to know if you successfully resolved it and how?
Hi trevor i eventually ended up using tr2 stat as apposed to resistors to fool boiler, i have two heating zones both with individual time clocks these operate at same time boiler internal timeclock does. The two zones are piped as s plan, and using the constant live at boiler to switch the two port zone valves, you must leave the bridge wire in situ in the boiler, thus there is no switch live returned to boiler. ive also had to pipe a auto bypass to avoid boiler overheating and blowing seals things get a little hot when both zones shut down. boiler works fine modulates as normal hopefully get a good few years out of her, Hope this helps fella.

I finally managed to get to play with one of these boilers and find how to wire it to an s plan, old geezers workaround worked fine until the call for heat was removed but the boiler kept running :rolleyes:

to stop this go into heating on the text display and set the "set economy temp" to 5c and all works fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back