worcester sbi leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
water leak on the isolation valve it self on return pipe worcester 15 sbi. looking at it its not possible to disconnect the fitting without taking off the entire boiler in order ro get at connection to manifold . is this the case? cany see anyway around this. waited hour for worcester on help line and gave up waiting. !!! thanks

Sponsored Links
you can do it by removing the flue then undoing the relevant fittings and the plate that holds them on. pull the bottom of the boiler from the wall and wedge it there. remove and refit iso valve.

i would normally advise you to solder the isolation valve so it cant leak but sometimes it destroys the o-ring that is inside the iso valve.

you could try to put some lsx on it. works sometimes and might save you the hassle or expense.

you can do it by removing the flue then undoing the relevant fittings and the plate that holds them on. pull the bottom of the boiler from the wall and wedge it there. remove and refit iso valve.

i would normally advise you to solder the isolation valve so it cant leak but sometimes it destroys the o-ring that is inside the iso valve.

you could try to put some lsx on it. works sometimes and might save you the hassle or expense.

BG solder and lsx isolation valves? surprise surprise another bodge. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
uhhh i thought so. what a cr--p boiler to maintain. why they cant make manifold connections accessible i dont know. thanks anyhow. sod it will prob give it a miss. thats an awful lot of trouble just for a drip. !!!!

Dont be so selfish pass it on to WB. The built the carp let them get wet fixing it :LOL: :LOL:

BG solder and lsx isolation valves? surprise surprise another bodge. :rolleyes:

gremlin16 said:
PMSL

Its a cracker

oh please girls have some imagination. :rolleyes:

if its a lasting repair how does it become a bodge? the lsx i grant you is the last thing i would do, but its an option for a hard up diyer who probably wont have the skills to remove them himself, might give him some time to get it done properly. if you two cant even solder an isolation valve if you need to it just shows how limited you are.

i notice neither of you had any constructive suggestions, im not surprised by the louse but gremlin is usually fairly helpful.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back