Worcester will not turn on no power (lights etc not working)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
i have a Worcester oil Combi Boiler heat slave 12 14,

It was working fine earlier and has just stopped, no lights etc, changed fuse in plug also checked fuse in circuit board that looks ok please help

Sponsored Links
some worcester oil boilers have an upward facing power in plug below controls housing which can become unlatched and drop downwards. it looks ok but is not fully in. long shot as you may not have this plug.
you need to check circuit board fuses properly, if blown ,call installer to check circulating pump.

I have looked the power goes straight into the board, There was one plug underneath checked that and reconnected it, is there more than 1 glass fuse to check?
Thanks
Andy

Sponsored Links
is there power to the board? not only live check the neutral and earth is connected correctly.

Thanks i will buy a tester tomorrow, I did notice the bulb has blown (black) going into the red led lock out light, could this have fused anything as it was working fine earlier today

take the fuse with you as they are usually fast blow 2 amp fuses or similar. buy a few as when you fit the new 1 it may go again if there is a fault.

if it does isolate any external controls and just take power to the boiler.

if it blows again isolate the pump from the board and try again.. very common for a pump to blow a fuse on a pcb.

may be the wiring to the pump sometimes this melts and shorts out or the actual fitting into the pump.

try an external power source to the pump if all goes well to test the boiler then correct the fault before using it full time.

traced to a dodgy fuse in board, it looked ok but not working,I have now put in a temp fuse and all lights are on, but the lock out light is on tried pressing the rest button but nothing happens no resistance, pressed the red led button on igniter on makes a noise but does not fire up any ideas?
Many thanks again
Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back