Worchester 28cdi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone say why a 15 year old Worchester 28cdi combi boiler would suddenly start using almost 3 times the amount of gas it used previously?
There is no smell of gas anywhere near it and gas engineers have recently tested the system for the correct pressure.
Frankly, we are mystified.
wmcg

Sponsored Links
How do you know it is using 3 times the gas?

One of my customers said BG had sent them a graph showing their usage had gone up nearly double over the last 18 months. They were shocked.

I asked them when the meter reader had last been round...3 yrs earlier. (wasn't a remote access meter). So a total fiction.

You could be right. This has come from an online account from Scottish Power. Made all the more of a puzzle since the system in question was fully examined by a local corgi registered company who install gas boilers as recently as last June.
As I am not in the trade I wrote this to see what people like yourselves would say. I appreciate all comments very much and I really hope your assistance will help resolve this mystery very soon.
Thank you very much.
wmcg

Sponsored Links
Made all the more of a puzzle since the system in question was fully examined by a local corgi registered company

I hope you mean Gas Safe Registered - CORGI haven't been the gas engineers registration body since 2009, and anyone claiming to be CORGI registered for gas is likely to be a cowboy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back