Worchester R 28 HE condensing boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, please can you help. I have a Worcester R 28 HE Greenstar Condensing boiler (combination). When I turn on a hot tab, no hot water comes out but the boiler kicks in and for some bizaar reason, the radiators start warming up. I've had this boiler for years but have never had this condition before. There are no warning lights on the boiler and so it looks as normal. Can anyone help.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Never heard of that model. If it is a diverter then you can do it yourself as it does not affect gas carrying parts etc. Check model ID and post GC No which begins 47.-***-** to enable positive ID.

Actually you cant, everytime you work on a gas appliance, be it to change a gas valve or an auto air vent, you need to be able to confirm safe operation of applaince after the work you have carried out, which as a minimum is a gas rate and flue gas analysis,

Also on this model, the front cover is part of the combustion chamber seal, granted not the burner but, if its not there, the manfacturer class it as I.D. , so removing this means you need to be registered.

If its you're own boiler youcan do what you want though, mind you even of its not, waht will happen Gas Safe are about as much use as the MET police were last night

Sponsored Links
It's model number 7-713-231-7222. I'm pretty sure it's the diverter value which has gone, but am no expert. Could you recommend someone in south west London to replace the diverter?

You've called this a combination boiler when I can only see this as a system boiler which is most confusing.
OLLIE20 is correct however in that this range of boilers needs RGI to do work because of the case removal / replacement. Seems petty I know but rules is rules.
Don't know any London RGI's but BG do a fixed price repair for about £200 which would include parts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back