Worester Bosch 280- hot water cuts out for a while mid showe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a worcester bosch 280 combi boiler. Its installed on the ground floor. It works fine throughout the house- en suite shower, all taps, rads etc apart from the shower in the loft (2nd floor). It always cuts out (i.e. water goes cold but no difference in pressure) for 30secs to 1 min halfway through a shower. I had the pressure at 1bar and increased to 2 bar just in case this made any difference which it doesn't. Any ideas??

Sponsored Links
How did you have the pressure increased to 2 Bar? Have you a shower pump by any chance? If so this must not be used with a combi.

The pressure is not too important, it is the flow rate that counts. If the flow is too low, the boiler will think the shower has gone off so shut down.

What shower is it? Have you any non-return valves on the shower feeds?

Sponsored Links
There's no pump and the shower is just a straight forward hose coming out of the wall. But I think I've solved it having thought about the 'flow rate' issue. I swapped over the shower heads as the loft shower head wasn't as free flowing as my en-suite one. I tried it this morning and it didn't cut out at all. Fingers crossed that'll be the problem. Thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back