Worktop Brackets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all,

I've done a search on here and so far the only real solutions I can find are Häfele products which I'm struggling to find on a none-trade basis.

I am looking to use an off-cut of worktop as a desk. It's standard 600mm depth, and about 1400mm wide. I want to fix it to a solid wall, I'm not too bothered about aesthetics as it's hidden beneath the "desk" anyway! It should be able to take the weight of the worktop itself, a couple of monitors, a printer, and me being lazy using it to lean on...

Thanks in advance :)

Sponsored Links
Local kitchen supplier/fitter should be able to sell you an off cut, B&Q?

Fix a wooden batten to the wall for the back edge of the worktop to sit on. Secure the workto to the batten with a few little brackets.

Then fit either a couple of worktop legs, or pieces of 2"x2" timber to hold the front up.

Sponsored Links
That's exactly what I did. Wood along the wall, then used several cupboards with drawers as support. Works a treat

Mal

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back