World Cup

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not being a footy fan But I`ll watch if we get thru to quarter finals.
I just realised.
We`ve only won World Cup Football twice and both times was under a Labour Government.
Maybe third time lucky

Sponsored Links
ebee said:
I just realised.
We`ve only won World Cup Football twice and both times was under a Labour Government.
Maybe third time lucky

world cup...hows that wired up? what size fuse does it take?which trade counters sell those? ;)

I think our boys are time switch controlled at the moment, they only seem to come a live for 1/2 hour then they switch off.

Maybe we should remove the earthing in their houses, it might liven them up a little :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I know 1966 was the last world cup that England won . As far as I know, England have only ever won it once, just for the record!

Although I stand to be corrected. Can we end this topic?? Its got naff all to do with this forum!! Only thing that could be related is if England get to Final, Everyone will tune in , and what happens at half time when everyone goes to make a cuppa at the same time !! The grid may shut down with all them 3kw kettles boiling away.

jondiy said:
I know 1966 was the last world cup that England won . As far as I know, England have only ever won it once, just for the record!

Although I stand to be corrected. Can we end this topic?? Its got naff all to do with this forum!! Only thing that could be related is if England get to Final, Everyone will tune in , and what happens at half time when everyone goes to make a cuppa at the same time !! The grid may shut down with all them 3kw kettles boiling away.

Stand corrected. 1966 was not the only time we won World Cup Football

ebee said:
I just realised.
Maybe third time lucky

Twice ??? Stick to electrics it's easier than counting ! ;) :D :D :D

ebee said:
Stand corrected. 1966 was not the only time we won World Cup Football
A replay of the 1966 game doesn't count as winning twice!

Why do people only watch when it becomes an 'event'?

If you've no interest in football - don't watch it.

joe

Anyway we beat both teams last night .. Trinidad and Tobago.
They used to say .. if you win when you are not playing well ... and you have good players, other teams will recognise that and perhaps have that niggling doubt, hoping 'it doesn't all come together' when they have to match up ..
I think lots of the players are feeling the pressure of expectation, it stifles some, others cannot wait to get on that stage ..
Do well here and your apparent value could become astronomic.... I have no doubt this lurkes in Mr Rooney's mind... But mostly the glory - he is young, dead keen and can play a bit..

Oh for an English Georgey Best cruising the halfway line ... They'd need two players and the keeper ...
;)

Hope we don't meet the Argies in a hurry! 6 - 0 and one of the best goals you'll ever see.

joe

Amazing goal.

So many of their players are hitting top form...let's hope they've peaked and England top the group :D

When I said TWICE I meant TWICE = TWO Times.

One significant player = Bobby Moore 1st time

One significant player = Johnny Wilkinson 2nd time

Both times we won at World Cup FOOTBALL

ebee said:
When I said TWICE I meant TWICE = TWO Times.

One significant player = Bobby Moore 1st time

One significant player = Johnny Wilkinson 2nd time

Both times we won at World Cup FOOTBALL

Rugby Football Union
Association Football

Not quite the same last time i checked.

I did not say they were the same.
I said world cup football.
Soccer = football
Rugby Union = football.
Rugby League = football.
Soccer & Rugby are both Football