WT540 Hotpoint aquarius washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my washing machine stopped working,the power lights are on but when i start any programme the door locked light dont come on and it fails to start...after 4minites the door locked light starts to flash....i have changed the door interlock and it is still the same... any help please :cry:

Sponsored Links
Does anyone know how to take off the lid. I have unscrewed the two screws at the back. There are none at the front and although the back lifts off the front doesn't and sticks. Am I missing some somewhere please? Regards - Yvonne

Give it a hard whack with the the palm of you hand on the front lip. It will then slide back. If your mc won't fill or spin check the button hasn't come of the top pcb. That's the start/ cancel button , then check motor brushes for wear.

Sponsored Links
Give it a hard whack with the the palm of you hand on the front lip. It will then slide back. If your mc won't fill or spin check the button hasn't come of the top pcb. That's the start/ cancel button , then check motor brushes for wear.

Thank you, Ive been following your comments on the site and will check this tomorrow as I need to find the "pcb!?. Ive had the flashing lights scenario since I first switched the secondhand machine on this afternoon. My problem is - the cycles will not advance. I have to switch the machine off, turn the wheel manually to the next cycle and switch it back on again. Despite all this the machine will still not empty so I will try to find the pcb as I fear the main cycle switch is stuck and I may have purchased a dud machine. Kind Regards - Yvonne

Hang on im confused by your post if it don't empty then the pump is blocked then you say you have flashing lights. If all the lights flash then it's the cap on the bottom pcb. If you turn it on and it locks but does nothing no fill no spin then it's the brushes, but if there's water in the drum then the filter is blocked. when you press the start cancel light and hold it for 5 seconds all the lights should come on for about 2 seconds then go out that means the button is on the top pcb is ok. Try all that and let me know.

Hang on im confused by your post if it don't empty then the pump is blocked then you say you have flashing lights. If all the lights flash then it's the cap on the bottom pcb. If you turn it on and it locks but does nothing no fill no spin then it's the brushes, but if there's water in the drum then the filter is blocked. when you press the start cancel light and hold it for 5 seconds all the lights should come on for about 2 seconds then go out that means the button is on the top pcb is ok. Try all that and let me know.

I held the start/cancel light on for a few seconds and, just as you said, all the lights came on for about 2 seconds so the pcb?? is ok? I'll explain what happened. This machine has been stored in my sisters' garage for 6 months. I set the cycle wheel to H to do a test wash without clothes or powder, etc. The machine filled and agitated as it should for about an hour and a half but the cycle wheel did not budge from H. I realised then that possibly the cycle wheel was stuck so I switched the machine off and turned the cycle wheel to L (fast wash) hoping that would work but after another hour the wheel still had not moved from L position but agitated as it should. I switched it off again realising I was never going to get to the spin cycle and have wash only. As I needed to empty the machine I turned the wheel to the last icon showing an arrow pointing down (empty drum). Unfortunately it would not empty so I switched the machine off and emptied it manually. Does this help at all please? Very kind regards - Yvonne

The wheel does not turn during wash it stays on that position. As for draining the filter or waste pipe is blocked

The wheel does not turn during wash it stays on that position. As for draining the filter or waste pipe is blocked
That sounds promising then. It does not sound like much and I think I know someone who can drain the filter or unblock the waste pipe as he has done it before for my sister. I need to download an operational manual. Thank you very much. I will let you know how I get on. Can you name me a charity I can donate to on your behalf please? Kind Regards - Yvonne

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back