Wter greenstar ri, HELP keeps cutting out tried everything

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help, I fitted a new radiator,

drained the system down and then fitted new radiator.
Refilled the system and got pressure in rads with some persistants
trouble is now when I turn the boiler on i hear gurgiling(made me think
air) bleed all rads, pump, bibs on tank and boiler. Got no where else I can see to bleed.
The gurgiling is followed by kettling, some loud knocks and the boiler cuts out. I am so broke I can't afford a plumber.
The pump seems to be working, the pipe near the boiler is getting very hot, but not getting any heat on return feed.
What else can I look at?
It's a Worcester greenstar open system, tank in loft is fine, though feel there was a blockage when I refilled it as had to put hose in feed in loft. I had tried to fill from last rad bib valve but did not work.

Please please please help it's freezing

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Please please help.

Does anybody think it could be the diverter has a blockage or collected any crap, causing the boiler to have restricted flow????

Do you have any air bleeds in the airing cupboard?

When u back filled it did you stick the hose down the vent pipe? Good chance its blocked between the feed and vent if you did?

Sponsored Links
What do you mean zone valve definatly open???
Thanks for getting back to me

The heat exchanger has to be bled on the Ri but this involves opening the combustion case.

Can't visably see any air bleeds in airing cupboard or loft, thought this may be the case.

I have tried everything including bleeding at the boiler trying to force air out of the valve. It's almost like the pump is being restricted, that's why I thought diverter

I am guessing opening the combustion case is not a good idea, can't believe I can't force the air out another way if that's the case.
How would you bleed it?

I am guessing opening the combustion case is not a good idea, can't believe I can't force the air out another way if that's the case.
How would you bleed it?

By the bleed valve at the top of the heat exchanger. But if you can't believe it, then you can carry on trying to 'force the air out another way'.

That's right zone valve, just above the pump in airing cupboard. Do you feel that this may be blocked?

Thanks for your help.

I will try and bleed combustion chamber if I can see the bleed valve

thanks

Yeah it moves freely. Do you think it is this valve that might be blocked? Or poss just air stuck? I can't find a way to remove any more air from pipework

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back