Wylex SwitchFuse

The problem with these builders are, they think they know it all...You only realise what they can actually do once there on site.
It's not just builders who have no awareness of their own limitations....

Sponsored Links
Switchfuse is used to proect the segment (i.e. garage and side extension) from any overload. As there was a 16mm SWA cable installed, the actual load from the master head is 100amp.

The swa cable 16mm is not designed for the 100amp network so the fuse is there to kind of downgrade the amperage which then goes into the garage CU. Well I think thats the case..........

Im I waffling on too much...............

Switchfuse is used to proect the segment (i.e. garage and side extension) from any overload. As there was a 16mm SWA cable installed, the actual load from the master head is 100amp.
So you just decided to copy what was already there even though it wasn't right?

Why?

The swa cable 16mm is not designed for the 100amp network so the fuse is there to kind of downgrade the amperage which then goes into the garage CU. Well I think thats the case..........
And the problem with just taking tails into the garage CU is.....?

Or the problem with putting the switchfuse in the right place is.....?

Im I waffling on too much...............
You are out of your depth.

Dude

I never said I'm an expert at this nor have I ever claimed to be an expert in this field but I believe I'm competent enough to understand how do the required work.

Yes I should be getting and expert in like my cowboy builders but I haven't loacted anyone in my area.

If I'm gonna be screwed at for asking a question then maybe this wasn't the right place to come to

if I answered the question wrong then it doest cost to much to provide the right answers or guide me to the right path......

Sponsored Links
Mate,

The switchfuse MUST be BEFORE the SWA run. How you have it is wrong, pointless and dangerous.

It should go

Cutout -> Meter -> Isolator -> Helney blocks -> switchfuse -> SWA -> 2nd CU

Thanks

really apprecaite that. So who ever did the install last did actually do it wrong.

Thanks for letting me know as the switchfuse can be placed inside the house next to the henly block.

Apprecaite your assistance.

Dude

I never said I'm an expert at this nor have I ever claimed to be an expert in this field but I believe I'm competent enough to understand how do the required work.
I've no reason to doubt your capacity to learn, but the point is you don't know enough right now.

Do you really not see that if you hadn't had doubts about how to connect L/N/E into this switchfuse you'd have gone ahead and done it, not posted here, and not known that you had a dangerous situation?

You cannot acquire competence by just asking whatever random questions happen to occur to you.

If I'm gonna be screwed at for asking a question then maybe this wasn't the right place to come to
What I'm critical of is not you asking questions, it's doing electrical work when you must realise that you don't know how it all works.

if I answered the question wrong then it doest cost to much to provide the right answers
The right answer is to stop fiddling with things you don't understand, and wait until you do.

or guide me to the right path......

[devils advocate]

what about

433.2.2 The device protecting a conductor against overload may be installed along the run of that conductor in the part of the run between the point where a change occurs ( in cross-sectional area, method of installation, type of cable or conductor, or in environmental conditions ) and the position of the protective device has neither branch circuits nor outlets for connection of current-using equipment and fulfills at least one of the following conditions:

(i) It is protected against fault current in accordance with the requirements stated in Section 434
(ii) It's length does not exceed 3 m, it is installed in such a manner as to reduce the risk of fault to a minimum, and it is installed in such a manner as to reduce to a minimum the risk of fire or danger to persons ( see also Regulation 434.2.1 )
??

[/devils advocate]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back