x400 system cleaner use which tank?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Posted before about hot water not working from the bolier...well was resolved by a new motorised valve been fitted and working ok now. When the valve was being fitted the pump was taken off and it was clogged a fair bit. The plumber got some of it out but recommended x400 to clear the system and drain after 4 weeks..The question is how do you get it into the system..in the loft there are 2 tanks a big one and a small one.i take it its the small one?..i dont want this stuff t get into the drinking water and shower bath water etc..
can post a pic if it helps?

cheers

John

Sponsored Links
before you tip it in, tie up the ball float to prevent refilling, bale out all the water and mud from the tank and sponge it clean, then drain at least a bucketful of water out of the drain cock downstairs. Then, when you untie the float after closing the drain cock and tipping in the chemical, it will be drawn down into the radiators and circulated by the pump. Drain it out after about 4 weeks and rinse well. On the final refill add X100 to control future corrosion. If you are in a hard water area add X200 on final fill as well (do not drain either of these out)

Sponsored Links
cheers for the speedy reply ..i thought that was the case but thought i would just check..
Thanks

John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back