Yale 6400 - adding a shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have a Yale 6400 alarm installed. We want to add some protection to our outside shed using the house alarm.

I've read that adding a PIR and door contact will do the trick, but I'm not entirely sure which mode we should set them on the control panel.

The aim I guess is to be able to have the house alarm set to 'home' when we're in during the day, but leave the shed alarmed. We want to be able to turn the alarm off when we need to get in the shed (another keypad perhaps?)

Any suggestions on how best to achieve this?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
One method is to set the shed sensors as 24hr sensors.

This means they are constantly armed whether the alarm is set or not.

However this then means that you have in effect to reprogram them as normal sensors again before you can enter.

Alternatively you could use the part set /home omit option to get the following effect.

Designate your shed sensors as burglar.
Then designate all your sensors at home as home omit or entry.

You will now be able to part arm the home and only the entry doors of your home and the shed sensors will be active allowing you to move around your home at night with your entry doors and your shed protected.

if you set the door to "chime" then you will hear the panel bleep whenever anyone opens it. This may alert you if you are in the house at the time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back