Adding Yale 6400 Control Panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

We bought the Yale 6400 alarm system, but we bought a simpler version without the control panel. We would like to now add the control panel.

Does anyone know where I can get one. And if I can, is it possible to sync all the sensors/contacts/siren to it?

Many thanks
Oz

Sponsored Links
The control panel is much sought-after, even second-hand.

AFAIK the best way is to buy it as part of a discounted 6400 system, from someone like IronMongeryDirect dot com

Sometimes they are on offer at Screwfix

The kit will include some extra sensors, which might be useful to you or you can sell on Ebay, and an extra siren, which you can mount at the back of the house , or high up on the landing ceiling where it will be difficult to get at and the noise will stress out any intruder.

Put the panel out of sight and well away from the front door or other points of access, so it can dial out before being attacked. You can use your keypad or fob to disarm the panel.

You can do a new install, folowing the 6400 instructions, and it will attach to all your new or old sensors, pads, fobs and sirens. They are all compatible

Great, thank you very much for a very helpful response John, appreciated.

A new control panel has just arrived. Does anyone know how to switch off the siren tamper switch with a key fob? I think I'll need tyo remove the cover to get it into learning mode.

Sponsored Links
It's in the instructions for the keyfob system. I haven't got mine to hand. If you have lost them you can download from Yale.

I recommend taking the siren off the wall while you tinker and test, wrap it in cushions.

This would also be a good time to change the batteries.

yea i'm definitely changing the battery while i have the chance. we have a couple of key fobs we use, but the manual doesn't show the key combination to put siren tamper switch to off for these (only for the keypad, which now doesn't seem to be working. absolute nightmare, don't ask).

i'm may have to remove cover and quickly switch the siren off, get it into "clear" memory state, and press the tamper switch. and you're right, have cushions ready in case it just keeps going and going :)

thanks for your help john.

You will need to actually access the siren because the most important point is :- DO NOT FORGET TO SWITCH DIP SWITCH 4 ACCROSS FROM ITS CURRENT SETTING!!

This changes the siren from its current master mode to slave mode.
:D

disabling siren tamper (siren-based system) using a keyfob

press and hold down "Arm" and "Home" buttons for 5 seconds. Siren will beep in acknowledgement

resetting PIN on keypad to 0000

take out the battery from the keypad. Press and hold "3" and insert the batery while still holding "3" The PIN should now be reset to 0000

mdf and john...you're both gents, thanking you kindly for your help. i'll let u know how i've got on :)

guys, just to let you know, it all worked as you guys advised - and i didn't even set off the alarm once. thanks both for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back