Yale 6400 - Removing Control Panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a fully working 6400 system that I need to take out of action for a few days, so I can take the control panel to work for some modifications!

If I put the system into programming mode, can I then remove the control panel without the siren sounding, or will the siren sound when the control panel goes out of range?

All advice gratefully accepted!

Many thanks

Matthew

Sponsored Links
the siren does not monitor the panel.

The alarm will activate when you remove the control panel from the bracket though as it has a tamper switch.
Also when disconnected from the power supply the fault light will come on and AC power failure will register on the fault log.
This means you will also get a beep every 30 seconds from the panel.
To silence this beep enter the programming menu and from the adv settings option select warning beep off.

Don't forget to reverse that change when you reinstate the panel.

I have got a 6400 on the kitchen table at the moment, can't see a tamper switch. It is not on the mounting plate and did not go to alarm status

I think I have seen Yale panels go to tamper in the past when taken off the wall but am beginning to doubt my memory. Maybe it was when the case was opened. I have also carried panels around with me when learning-in.

Is it a projecting spring or what?

Where?

P.s.

OP you can also set the backup battery switch (under a rubber plug on the back) to Off to prevent it going flat or signalling while it is disconnected.

What are you planning on doing to it?

Sponsored Links
The panel tamper switch is a microswitch with an arm spring inside the recess of the top mounting hole that the backplate slots into. You will be able to toggle it on and off using a hair clip or cocktail stick in the top hole.

The only reason the alarm would not activate the tamper when you remove the panel from the wall is if the panel was never 'clicked' down into place properly in the first instance.

You can carry the panel without activating the tamper it only works when you remove the panel from a bracket it has been securely fastened down to.

Hi All,

Thanks for the information - the control panel is now in pieces ready for modification.

The modification is fairly simple - but I expect someone will tell me a much easier way that I've overlooked!

Due to the location of the control panel, we often struggle to hear the various bleeps it emits on setting and on entering the house.

I plan to connect into the speaker on the control panel and connect a remote speaker nearer the front door - so that people can hear that the alarm is set when entering the building.

If they made a remote keypad with a "buzzer" etc it would be much easier.

Have a missed an easier alternative?

Thanks again,

Matthew

Hi All,

Thanks for the information - the control panel is now in pieces ready for modification.

The modification is fairly simple - but I expect someone will tell me a much easier way that I've overlooked!

Due to the location of the control panel, we often struggle to hear the various bleeps it emits on setting and on entering the house.

I plan to connect into the speaker on the control panel and connect a remote speaker nearer the front door - so that people can hear that the alarm is set when entering the building.

If they made a remote keypad with a "buzzer" etc it would be much easier.

Have a missed an easier alternative?

Thanks again,

Matthew

There is a much easier way.

Go into the menu - select devices= select program siren- then select Entry Snd On.

your siren will then echo the beeps made by the panel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back