Yale 6400 Remote Control Key Fob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Yale alarm system which works really well but I thought it would be useful to have the remote key fobs as well so we didn't have the mad dash into the house to disarm the alarm every time (The entry delay doesn't seem to work). Whilst the fobs arm the alarm from outside absolutely fine they won't disarm the system once the alarm exit time has been completed and the alarm is armed either from inside or outside.

The remote seems to be programmed to work with the system and it has been 'learned' correctly but nothing seems to make a difference. My daughter's fiance suggested that it might be a security precaution if you lose your house keys but if this is the case why have the disarm button on the key fob? Our house keys are not identifiable so I'm not sure this would make any difference.

Can anyone help as I'm getting grief for getting the remotes (good idea) which don't work at disarming the system (bad idea!).

Many thanks, Jonathan

Sponsored Links
The remote keyfob will only disarm the system WHILE the exit timer is counting down. It is as correctly guessed a security feature in case you either drop your fob in your garden or someone steals your fob.

The remote keyfob will only disarm the system WHILE the exit timer is counting down. It is as correctly guessed a security feature in case you either drop your fob in your garden or someone steals your fob.

Brilliant, thanks for your help. I've also now figured out how to delay the entry time and the siren, I didn't realise you had to put in an entry delay and a siren delay.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back