Yale alarm help needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I really hope that one of you can help me as I am absolutely at the end of my tether with my alarm!

I have the Yale 3600 and last week I changed the batteries in the control unit. Since then it has had a complete mind of its own! The door chimes aren't working any more and so it's not alarming when I exit, it just seems to randomly alarm and I can't trust it to behave!

I called Yale this afternoon. While I was on the phone the guy got me to do a walk test and the two door contacts both beeped. He said that in that case, they're set to 'burglar' and not 'entry' and this is obviously the problem. Great I thought!

I firstly tried editing the device (at this point the front door one wasn't working but the back door one was) to select 'entry' but this didn't work. So then I took both door contacts off, changed the batteries, re-installed them as 'entry'... but surprise, surprise, now neither of them work!!

PLEASE can someone offer any advice on what to try next?

THanks
Emma

Sponsored Links
Sadly I can't help with the 3600 as I have never installed or dealt with them.
I presume you have a manual that you are using . I can only really suggest resetting the system and starting from scratch.

If you don't have a manual then there is one here http://www.fastalarms.co.uk/HSA3600.pdf

Hi, thanks. Yep, that's the manual I have but I still can't work it out! How do I restore the factory settings, can't even see that in the manual.

Similar topic, should the jumpers be on or off?

Thanks for your help, it is appreciated. If I could take the alarm off the wall and throw it out of the window, I probably would at the moment!!

Emma

Sponsored Links
I found the problem!

The spring on the back of the sensor was bending so not being properly depressed. I packed behind it so that it's now going in straight and it works!

Hooray!

FWIW, the Factory Reset instructions for Yale HSA3501/3601/3801 are not in the instruction book or on the Yale website, but they will send you if you email the cust support group.

I've got a copy and have stapled into the instruction book, also tucked a copy into the standby battery compartment.

I've got a copy and have stapled into the instruction book, also tucked a copy into the standby battery compartment.
Not good practice, no paperwork should be inside control equipment. (Fire hazard)

That aside > a pro system of today is not allowed to do this, it breaks the regs.

Pro or cheap, a fire hazard is a fire hazard.
Then again if your house burns down, as long as no one is hurt all fine and well.
Then the claim on the insurance could be an issue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back