Yale Easy Fit Telecommunicating Alarm Key Fob Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an interesting problem with the Key Fobs on my EF alarm system. When I bought the alarm 14 months ago I also bought to 2 Key Fobs which worked perfectly fine until fairly recently when one of them stopped working. Initially I thought the battery had failed and I simply bought a replacement battery and installed it however the Fob didnt work still and wouldn't even show the LED lighting up. I checked the system and couldnt see any issues on it so I removed the device from the list and then tried to re-learn it but it couldn't detect it.

After this I assumed the fob was dead and bought a replacement, however when I tried to add this to the system it too couldn't be detected by the system despite the LED lighting up on it this time (and yes it is the correct model key fob for the system). Out of interest I then removed my one working key fob from the system in order to see if it was a problem with the panel and this then went exactly the same way as my original one and oddly enough the LED also stopped working. I contacted Yale at this point and other than a spurious device already exists in the system message when I tried to re-learn any of them I couldnt get any of them added again to the control panel. I performed a full reset of the system and nothing work stilled so Yale shipped me a new panel as they believed it could be a fault within that system.

So I have happily reinstalled all of my sensors back onto the new control panel however I am still getting exactly the same problem with the fobs and also getting the device already exists error when attempting to learn the fobs on the system.

I am at a complete loss on what to do here I have tried everything I can think of and Yale havent been able to identify the fault and I have spent hours looking for a solution on line has anybody come across this before and if so what do I need to do?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back