Yale HSA 6400 interfering with phone line

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 2 BT sockets in my flat. Line is split in 2 rooms.

1. First one has my phone and broadband
2. Second one for my security system.

When I connect the security system to phone line, I get lot of disturbance in the phone, broadband speed drops and when I disconnect the security system and phone line everything is back to normal. BT engineer told me that it’s the security system creating problem and is interfering with the phone connection.

Can anyone help me out of this? Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
I am afraid he is talking rubbish. While it could be possible if the unit is faulty it is absolute nonsense if the unit is working properly.

The only thing to mention here is I assume you have not directly connected the alarm to the phone socket. You will need an adsl filter if the phone line supplies the internet also.

Just to clarify why the bt engineers comments are so wrong its laughable.

Your Yale alarm has an autodialler in it. In other words it is passive just like a normal phone handset. No signals are sent out from the unit unless the autodialler is triggered or you decide to make a call to your control panel to control the alarm remotely. At all other times it is just the same as any other phone plugged into a socket.

Plugging your yale alarm into the phone socket is exactly the same as plugging in another telephone.
What the BT engineer is in effect saying is plugging a phone into your phone system will cause you problems!!!???

It may be that your adsl filter is faulty if you are using one.
It could also be that there is a problem with the actual telephone socket or cable. It could be that the alarm is faulty and the engineer is correct but to me it actually sounds more like the engineer just made the first assumption so he would not have to spend any time trying to locate and fix a problem with your phone.
I believe in any case that BTs responsibility ends at your incoming master socket so he would not have got involved with trying to solve your problem anyway.

To see whether your alarm is the problem why not plug your alarm into the socket in the other room and see if you get the same issues with the broadband or try swapping the adsl filters

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back