yale hsa3070 smoke detector.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,just fitted a smoke detector to my 5 year old 6400 alarm.Instructions not very good.When alarm is set off by pir or door contacts dose the smoke detectors built in siren sound as well.I am asking because I did not want to test it and have the alarm phone out.(c.u.siren set to on) Regards Bill.

Sponsored Links
don't know

why don't you just unplug the phone line?

Why did I not think of that :?: O.K. read through the instructions again,on page 28 (specifications) it shows the smoke detector dose not emit any sound(no dBA).So if the C.U. siren is turned off you must be able to hear the outside siren,not easy if you sleep on the opposite side of the house.I think I will keep my old smoke alarm.Regards Bill.

Sponsored Links
it is a very good idea to have an extra siren, inside the house, for example fixed to the landing ceiling where an intruder can't get at it without a stepladder, and the noise will make him anxious and hopefully run off

There is no limit to the number of sirens you can use with the HSA6400 panel, because it just transmits one siren signal, and does not know, or care, how many sirens have been learned in to receive it. Or in a large house you can fix one to the back wall, near your bedroom window (you may then be able to lean out of the window to get it when you change the batteries).

The control panel can be kept upstairs, near or in your bedroom, if you have an extra keypad somewhere near the front door. Otherwise you might not wake up during a break-in. This also means it is out of sight and out of reach of an intruder who might pull out the phone line.

Unless you have quite a small house, the cheapest way to get accessories is to buy the Standard kit, which has a siren, a keypad, two PIRs and two door sensors (but no control panel) for about £99. The accessories are available individually if you prefer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back