Yale HSA3600 - how to remove siren when control panel fails?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've had my HSA3600 eight years with no problems. Today I did a routine battery replacement in the control panel and the panel has died completely - no beeps. no lights, no response. New batteries tested and all good. Looks like I need a new alarm.

Problem is that the siren is way high and I will be up a triple ladder to remove it. Because the control panel is dead I can't disable the tamper. How will I prevent the siren blowing me off the top of the ladder when I open it to remove it?

I could just leave it, but the batteries in the siren were new a month ago and they will last for about three years on past experience until they even start to run low. If it goes off I will have no way of silencing it.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You will need to wear ear plugs unfortunately and take it off the wall. then when you get it back to the ground (which you will have to do to learn it into a new panel) you can then remove one of the batteries until you are ready to learn it in again.

Hi stowei,
I fitted a HSA6400 not the same as yours but similar I guess. The maximum time the siren can be set for is 15 mins factory default is 3 mins.
I would pick a time when the least number of neighbours are around, put the ear defenders on nip up open the case to set off the tamper and stand well back with a cup of tea till it stops. Then whip the batteries out
I may be wrong but I think the tamper will only go off once unless you put the case back again before removing the batteries but keep the ear defenders on just in case!.

Regards,
footprints

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back