yale pir cannot point at door sensor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I understand for the yale wireless systems the pir cannot point at the door sensor though i have not been able to find out why. So i am unsure how you fit a pir and door sensor in the same room. Can the pir be sites above the sensor but pointing into the room. Its a bit confusing because a pir sees a wide angle so just what is meant by dont point the pir at the sensor.

thanks.

Sponsored Links
Both sensors are radio transmitters. They transmit (several times) when triggered a signal. The message includes type and serial number of the device that has sent it. This has to be read and interpreted by the control panel (or siren board), which knows the serial numbers of devices that have been "learned in" and ignores other signals or RF noise. This is why a potential intruder can't use some other keypad or fob to turn off your alarm.

In the event that two sensors are triggered at the same time, and overlap, the receiver may be unable to recognise and decode the signals.

So it is recommended that you do not position two or more sensors where they will be triggered by the same thing (e.g. a person walking through a doorway).

You can point the PIR where it looks across a window, staircase, hall or probable path of an intruder, including one who has taken a few paces since coming through the door. It is quite easy to do this when you understand what you want to achieve, and the PIR can perhaps be aimed to cover several routes. The PIR will detect movement more quickly and reliably when it moves across the field of view, rather than directly towards or away.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back