Yale Premium Alarm System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

Ive installed my system today everything went better than i thought it would now this is a nice bit of kit espically as its wire free, Now i have installed these sensors correctly and positioned them just under my coaving and one in the kitchen, but when i walk past them when the alarm is completly set up the sensors fail to detect any movement and will not light up

when testing the alarm itself with it set it took a while for them to detect any movement even though the door sensors work 100% fine

any help on this please

Sponsored Links
Cheap single path system , they go to sleep and have a settle time unlike two way wireless systems that wake up the sensor on setting the system....

Try setting the alarm with the door open.

The door sensors work fine, they detect the door is being opened. They do not tell the panel if the door is open when the alarm is set.

The two previous posters have not said anything to help you because they disapprove of simple low-cost self-install wireless systems.

Is yours the model 6400 system? If the PIRs batteries are correctly fitted and working, they will transmit when you press the test button.

Leave the room for 10 minutes to allow the PIRs to finish their wait time. They are designed not to transmit constantly so that the battery lasts longer, so in a room where you are constantly walking past them, they will not transmit until after there has been no movement for ten minutes. This is also described as sleep time.

Perform your walk test by leaving the room empty for ten minutes.

Sponsored Links
The "sleep time" for my Yale Smarthome system is just 1 minute. Perhaps the OP's system is different in that regard but 10 minutes seems very long.

Do the sensors have an internal jumper which can adjust the sensitivity ? Again mine do but they're not the same units as the Yale Premium system.

Mmmmmm set system .... Go to work ... 5 minutes later break in ... Alarm does not go off sensor still asleep.... Waste of time ....that's why I don't like low cost wireless systems ...

The two previous posters have not said anything to help you because they disapprove of simple low-cost self-install wireless systems.
There is not much that can be said to help in this case.
Battery economy, lack of two way communication and the regulations applicable to the use of Licence Exempt Short Range Radio Devices limit what the equipment can do.

I dis-approve of the sale of these systems without making the purchaser fully aware of the constraints imposed and the shortcomings in system functions that result from those constraints.

The "sleep time" for my Yale Smarthome system is just 1 minute. Perhaps the OP's system is different

Yes, it is very different.

However I have made a mistake.

I checked the instruction for the 6400, and it says:

"The PIRs have a built-in sleep timer to save
battery power. If there is no movement in front
of the PIRs for 1 minute, the PIRs will become
‘ready to signal’ and movement will now be
reported. The PIRs will sleep for 1 minute after reporting.
Any movement detected in sleep time will not be
reported and will extend the sleep period by a
further 1 minute."

It is only the optional smoke detector, which has a "silence" button you can press if you have burnt the toast, that has a 10-minute pause.

The door sensors (which can also be put on windows) are immediate.

The instructions also say:

"PIR
PIR does not respond to movement
• Previous movement has triggered the PIR sleep timer and is preventing subsequent movement detection. Arm system and vacate protected room for at least 1.5 minutes before testing.
PIR is slow to respond
• This is normal, the PIR has sophisticated false alarm filtering that will filter out random fluctuations and responds to genuine movement across field of view, it is less sensitive walking directly towards it."

[quote="JohnD";p="3127529 This is normal, the PIR has sophisticated false alarm filtering that will filter out random fluctuations and responds to genuine movement across field of view, it is less sensitive walking directly towards it."[/quote]

I just love this bit, they are trying to make this 'facility' into something special about their PiRs.

It is how PiRs work and have done since first introduced, goodness knows how many years ago.

'Less sensitive walking directly towards it', for heavens sake all PiRs work this way and have done sin................................

I've said all this already.

Can the OP please advise whether he rectified the problem or not as I may purchase the yale wireless system in the near future.

I am curious to know if the problem got fixed !

Many thanks :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back