yale yes essential alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my yale yes essential alarm takes about 20-25 seconds to sound the siren ,when one of the 4 pirs is triggered ,is this normal ,the alarm is new only 3 months old ,can anybody help ....thanks

Sponsored Links
I do not recognise that name. Please post photos or a link to the advert. It looks like it might be a HSA6200.

If so, look at the FAQs after step 4. The delay is to give you time to walk to the keypad and disarm it.

dont want to turn the alarm of ....the delay is when i arm the alarm and something somebody triggers it

dont want to turn the alarm of ....the delay is when i arm the alarm and something somebody triggers it

Yes.

You arm the alarm.

Option 1, you come home, trigger a sensor, walk to the keypad, turn it off within 20 seconds, no sounding.

Option 2, a burglar breaks in, triggers a sensor, does not know the code to turn it off (and preferably the keypad is out of sight anyway), alarm sounds after 20 seconds.

Is something wrong with that?

Sponsored Links
He be reversing your brand new range rover off the drive as the siren begins to sound

It's a limitation of the inexpensive HSA6200 that it does not differentiate between an "expected" entry through, say the front door

And an "unexpected" entry such as someone forcing open a window.

It gives the same delay to both and does not have zones.

Long ago I did not realise how much better the ones with a control panel, like the HSA6400, are, they work differently. If you get the chance, you can upgrade and the HSA6200 components are compatible with HSA6400, Yales are quite popular on the second-hand market, but the control box goes for a good price on ebay. For a DIY product, it's not bad and is quick and easy to install if you can use a screwdriver and follow the instructions. I installed and upgraded a few, some years ago. If you want to conceal the brand, you can respray the siren lid

Parts for the newer designs are not compatible.

I am not keen on anything that relies on a working internet connection and app.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back