Yay, I love global warming

Don't be absurd, more windmills indeed. The Germans have decided, ende spiel. German coal so I believe is brown low grade stuff. Greens are misguided and hypocrites or, they would live in trees and caves. I'm saying that there has to be a way other than the expensive, dangerous and long term waste, nuclear. Somebody better come up with something, not before or sources have been exhausted tho, lol

So are you saying that we, and the Germans, should burn coal (be it lignite or other forms - they all have the same by-products, btw, so I'm not sure why you mention 'brown coal')? If so, then I agree with you. If not, I'll ask again: what would you suggest we do, then, if not nuclear?

I'm sure you won't mind my making an incidental observation. Reading recent examples of your choice of language (eg, 'dullards', 'don't be absurd'), I can't believe you're not Coathanger with a different nom de plume! Would you confirm that? (He won't!)

Sponsored Links
I'm talking about half a mile or more underground. If there was any leakage, it would sink further into the Earth. Also, the drums you mention are, as I understand it, temporary storage of low level radiation waste. As Eddie said, permanent storage is in solid glass which is not going to leak anyway.

Think you will find they are too dangerous to be moved.
My daughter is going on to do a PHD in Chemistry dealing with the nuclear waste problem.
The thing is no one knows what the composition of the waste is,for instance it may be a+b+c= d,but what happens if say A is removed does it make it more stable or unstable, this is where analytical chemistry comes in.

http://www.lboro.ac.uk/news-events/news/2014/january/04-distinctive.html

Graduation is in a fortnight where she will have an official sex change of becoming a Master after going away as a miss.Not bad for council house stock Joe.

Interesting that, because chemistry is usually not concerned about nuclei of atoms, but the electron orbitals and their interactions. Not that in any way I am belittling your daughters obvious great achievements. Despite having a degree in Chemistry, I confess to knowing very little about nuclear chemistry/physics.

Sponsored Links
I don't make assumptions. Brown coal is low grade [only a statement of fact]. I have no solution with energy supplies as I have made plain previously. It is also clear , that some old faces here seem to be confusing me with others. That's ok, just shows sound minds thing alike. Sarcasm is supposed to be the lowest form of wit, so what. However, 'windmills' got exactly what was deserved.

Back