Yell.com

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a guy from Yell.com on today promising lots of business if i go on their online add in the CH plumbing section, promises to get me in the first list which is shuffled to keep it fair for everyone, anyone else using this and is it any good, pay for 10 months but get 12, so I said give me the first 2 months free first and if it's as good as he says I will pay for the other 10, he wont do that, I wonder why :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
We use yell spend about £50k, you need to use it with an 0800 number or similar so you can get reports to see if it works.
They are very pushie & have a good sales team.

Pen ,we have a site on yell we spend about £1100 but get about £25.to£30k back so it works :cool:

never been that impressed with them, got very little work back compared to other foprms fo advertising. very pushy sales people. Others get suceess with it, depends on the business though. why not try a free listing on it first?

Sponsored Links
Yell.com works best (if at all) if you have a website you can linked to in your yell.com ad.
But, it is still 'pot-luck' to end up on page 1 of the results (and then only in the area you're listed in - more areas = more money to pay).

We've sacked yell.com (and yellow pages) end of last year. We manage our own websites and it's our own efforts that brings our websites on page one at google, msm, ask, etc on many, many search phrases.

My opinion: yell.com and yellow-pages are losing it big time. No value for money.

And promises? Never believe them.

We get more hits from our own web sites.
We have a banner had on yell, whick links to our site, but we also have the 0800 number.
Its about having a presents.
Why do the household names keep needing to have the big adds on tv etc.
Especially motor trade.

Why do the household names keep needing to have the big adds on tv etc.
Especially motor trade.
Because they are used to having an ad. Advertising companies keep pushing them for more ads, because in the past they worked.

More and more smarter companies adjust to the modern times ;)
Amazon is a household name, ever seen a big ad on the tv of them?

i used ell this year and it paid for itself in first month, only had 2 little ads and when you type in tiler and wigston im first up every time, the shuffle comes when you type in tiler leicester, but im happy with it.

would reccomend, only problem is the usual begging for calenders etc calls you do get from it.

Sponsored Links
Back