Yes another mixer tap problem

images

rofl5.gif

Sponsored Links
Hi thank you for your interest. It is the large nut that holds the tap mechanism into the mixer unit. I think when it is removed, I can pull out the tap thingy and , well that is going to be my next challenge, find out what is causing the lack of water. The guy in Plumb Centre said the o- ring or something had fallen down and that is why the water is restricted.

I couldn't get plus gas so I have got 3 in one penetration OO ER Missus, and I will be squirting it on every day until the week end when I will risk another bash, literally at it.

Sponsored Links
try to get a spanner that is a very good fit . A ring spanner or socket is best if you can get it on. Brass parts are very soft and can be damaged with an adjustable.

I got some seized valves apart using my socket set last week, but it was an unusual size socket (they were very old). Try a long reach spark plug socket. That's why I put them together using PTFE on the threads, hopefully to stop them seizing again. I am not a pro.

Beware of ripping the entire tap out of the sink.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back