Yet another buried oil supply pipe question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

The OFTEC recommendations for buried oil supply pipes are all very straightforward.

http://www.oftec.org/Media/Default/...EC_HomeGuide_DomesticOilSupplyPipes_PUB21.pdf

However there is one point I need some help with:

"Oil feed pipes should be buried at least 300mm clear of other underground services such as water and electricity."

This makes perfect sense when the oil feed pipe is running parallel or almost parallel to another underground service. But what about when an oil feed pipe crosses the path of another underground service, i.e. when the two run perpendicular.

I've got a situation where the oil feed pipe will cross the path of 2 drain pipes, the water supply pipe and the electricity supply. There is no alternative route available to me. Would this be OK?

Thanks,
Nomis

Sponsored Links
there are no oftec police & you come across alot worse as oftec is a toothless organisation , run the pipe inside a pipe if there is absolutely no alternative & you cant dig under the pipes , cant you run it round the surface

An oil marker tape is available and would be worth laying in this scenario.

You will find all the other service pipes you mention will demand minimum distances from each other too. It's not practical where there are crossovers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back