Yet another decking slope post

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First time caller long time listener, usually i've been able to get answers to questions by just searching and searching all returns slopes away from house going down, not necessarily going upwards. Just seeking a little clarification before I go further and get quotes for wood/trades, and also before speaking to neighbours. I don't want to raise it as a potential, and upset them if i'm not going ahead with it.

I've got a garden which has a couple of different heights. The land immediately around my house is quite flat, and is so for three or four meters. It then steps up, the height of this level by about 150cm. This level is actually the same level of my rear neighbours.

I'm tempted to build decking on this top level to replace gravel. It would be no higher than 30cm of that land it is built upon. But it would it be approx 180cm from the ground level just outside my back door.

Would its above ground height be 30cm from the land its built upon, or the land immediately adjacent to my house?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
30 cm from any land right next to any part it, irrespective of ownership.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back