York flange

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is a york flange simply a surrey flange with an adapter to convert the thread that screws to the tank to female because when I search for a york thats all I find. My copper tank has a male thread that is definitely part of the tank so I know I need a york flange but I thought by using this type would raise the shower inlet pipe by at least 30mm and defeat the object slightly. I gather the male thread at the top of my copper tank should be the standard 1" bsp does the 1" relate to the bore as the outer measurement is 1.25".

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Sorry to ask out of the blue, especially as your post is now three years old, but I was wondering if you'd resolved your query re the york flange to attach to your HW tank.

I've got the same issue and am struggling to find a solution, which we need until the boiler and tank get replaced in a couple of years, as I really need to fit a pump - the bathroom tap only has about 10cm of head!

Any info on how you got on would be appreciated.

Regards,

Matt Davenport.

He's not posted on here in five months, start a new topic of your own

Now he's bumped this to the top people will look at it so we might as well carry it on from here.

BES do a York flange, also a Danzey flange, both 1" BSP female.
Part Nos 7558 & 7555.

York outlets are threaded, Danzey are for copper.

BES will deal direct.

http://www.bes.co.uk/products/104.asp
Scroll to the bottom.

Sponsored Links
Hi Charnwood,

Thanks for the advice and link. I'd established it would need a york flange but can only source 1" versions. Am I right to assume that as the threading on the tank (measured with a calliper ruler thing) is defiantly 1.25", I will need to source a male to male reducer for a York flange? I was going to go to a merchants on Saturday to see if they supplied this, or a male to female reducer to accommodate a surrey flange. Either way, my thinking is it will raise the height of the flange and reduce it's effectiveness. Is this the case, or will they still perform to an acceptable level?

Many thanks,

Matt.

The bore (ID Inside Diameter) of the pipe is how threaded fittings are measured, so a 1" threaded fitting will be roughly 11/4".

If the BES pictures are true to scale, the dip tube on the York looks as though it would not go as deep as the Surrey, therefore, putting a socket on a Surrey would probably give the equivalent 'depth' as using a York.

Most merchants will keep Surrey flanges because the vast majority of cylinders have female threads. (Except for the indirect coil, obviously.) Few will keep York flanges for that same reason.

Would it not be easier to just fit an Essex Flange? From what I recall, they're a fair bit cheaper.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back