Your advice for new mixer shower please.

Sponsored Links
a bar is a bar mixer if the pipework is exposed or concealed no difference.
a mixer valve can be a exposed version or concealed version they both can be different.

Ok, went to a local plumbing store, got a mixer bar and some funny angled fixings, but the bar fitted perfectly. Done!

IMG_4032.jpg

Its nothing fancy but it works. Just have to clean up that grouting now....

Thanks for your help guys, most useful.

Ok, went to a local plumbing store, got a mixer bar and some funny angled fixings, but the bar fitted perfectly. Done!

Its nothing fancy but it works. Just have to clean up that grouting now....

Thanks for your help guys, most useful.

Really glad we were able to help mate, congrats! Saved yourself a lot of 'plumber' money too!!

Sponsored Links
don't you just love giving free advice to be kicked in the teeth all the time how much we charge. :rolleyes:

I wasn't going to complain about how much it cost! Supply and demand innit? If a plumber can get work charging what he charges then fair play to him.

Replacing a mixer was easy enough, but if I need proper plumbing doing then I'm still going to get a plumber.

Actually no, I'll probably try and do it, botch it and then **** off the plumber who has to come and try and make it right...:cool:

don't you just love giving free advice to be kicked in the teeth all the time how much we charge. :rolleyes:

I wasn't going to complain about how much it cost! Supply and demand innit? If a plumber can get work charging what he charges then fair play to him.

Replacing a mixer was easy enough, but if I need proper plumbing doing then I'm still going to get a plumber.

Actually no, I'll probably try and do it, botch it and then p**s off the plumber who has to come and try and make it right...:cool:

Lol nice to do as much yourself as you can with the help of forums like this - at least when/if you need to pay for work to be done, you don't get ripped off with bloated estimates of naughty fault diagnosis - the guys on here seem really decent but there are some rogue traders in this industry and the others!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back