Your feelings on cannabis

Sponsored Links
I have a friend, a neighbour, who was forever ending up in clink because when he had one drink too many he became argumentative and violent. No one, not even me a good friend, was safe when he came home after one of his binges.

However, 10 years ago after a serious assault on his wife, he gave up the booze in favour of the weed and in doing so has become an entirely different person. He really is one of the nicest people you could wish to meet and the violence, and the worry that you might be on the receiving end, have totally gone. For him, his family, friends, neighbours and casual drinking acquaintances cannabis has proved to be a godsend.

What's wrong with shunning all social drugs?

Sponsored Links
Thermo said:
Most people dont have a clue what rubbish they are smoking and what has actually been mixed with it to pad it out when bought as resin.

Isn't that the biggest factor here? Anything you buy on the black market has to be suspect. Think about it. What would happen if this was how you got your weekly 21 units of alcohol?

"Psst! wanna buy some whisky? Only £50 a bottle! ;) ;) ;) "

You eye up a grubby bottle of uncertain origin. It looks like whisky. It smells vaguely alcoholic. It says 40% vol. You know it won't be but that's the way it goes. And so you hand over fifty quid for some industrial alcohol coloured yellow. If you're lucky it'll be food colouring but there's a good chance it's common old urine. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Or what about tobacco? It's bulky and smelly so, just like opium, the dealers won't want to try smuggling it. They'll extract the nicotine at source then reconstitute it into something smokable when they get it here. How much nicotine is in there exactly? Maybe there's none at all and you're smoking lobelia - or broom! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If you try to ban something that lots of people want you will inevitably create a black market. You can then point to the resulting mess and, with a smirk on your face, say "I told you that stuff was nothing but trouble". :evil: :evil: :evil:

The only drugs that you should ever buy are those you can get from your local supermarket. (But don't consume an entire jar of coffee in one go because that's a lethal dose. :eek: :eek: :eek:) If you like cannabis grow your own. If you like psilocybe (magic mushrooms) pick your own. And if you like henbane - or any of the other tropane bearing plants - then be very careful indeed. There are lots of legal ways to kill yourself out there!

And remember -- driving under the influence of any drug is both illegal and dangerous. :cool: :cool: :cool:

As far as I know, there is no way it could be legalised anyway, EU rules see to that...

Most thats possible is a decriminalisation of small amounts, a la amsterdam coffee shops

The only sensible legalization option that I can see would be grow your own. That is to say that you legalize possession but not sale. You would be allowed to sell seeds but nothing else. This would stop criminals from cashing in on an instant free market and might even wipe out the market altogether!

Somebody once told me that it will grow anywhere except Baffin Island so anybody can do it. I also remember an old gardening book in which it was recommended as a good climbing plant. :D :D :D

PS: If you're into making your own beer and you go so far as to grow your own hops, you can graft a cannabis root into the side of a hop plant. The hops will still make beer but it'll have something extra in it. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

got a lad works with us really nice guy started smoking funny stuff :cool: not strong enough for him any more:cool: move on to the good stuff,:cool: just drop him of at the chemist for his little cup off happyness :cry: if he dont make the chemist he wont be in work next day :oops: but he is weak so i dont know whats best freedom and choice. or the law :confused: he is over 27 no girl and not many mates now ;) keep clean, we have to have a drug and drink is it. :confused:

we have to have a drug and drink is it.

I'm afraid I can't agree. You don't HAVE to have any drug at all. It's a choice. You could reasonably argue that we need pharmacological kicks like we need a hole in the head.

In our part of the world alcohol was once beneficial in that we used it to sterilize our drinking water. It's odd but true that very few bacteria can survive in quite low concentrations of ethyl alcohol. Having stumbled upon this we evolved the means to destroy the poison we were drinking. (In other places, notably the Far East, early humans learnt to boil their water instead and so evolved differently.) If alcohol had been discovered more recently I doubt very much whether it would be legal today. :cry: :cry: :cry:

And so, despite their well known dangers, we are 'allowed' the historical drugs: alcohol, nicotine and caffeine - and isn't it odd that so many people fail to recognize that last one as a drug at all? It's potent stuff. Ten grams can kill you and there's more than that in a large jar of coffee which anybody of any age can legally buy! :eek: :eek: :eek: This demonstrates a very important point, namely that the form in which a drug comes has a significant effect upon its safety. ;) ;) ;)

I would say that it was inevitable that we humans would discover naturally occurring psychotropic drugs - and then go on to invent more. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: We are rather good at inventing dangerous pastimes, like climbing mountains or jumping out of aeroplanes or driving cars. Not content with driving relatively safe cars, we even go so far as to race them! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It all comes down to education and choice. Nobody will ever persuade me to jump out of an aeroplane or inject myself with diamorphine (that's heroin to you) just for a laugh. If the plane was on a collision course with the ground or somebody had just cut my leg off (or both :cry: :cry: :cry: ) that would be different!

PS: Have you ever watched a cat chasing phantom butterflies? It's probably been at the catnip. ;) ;) ;)

In our part of the world alcohol was once beneficial in that we used it to sterilize our drinking water. It's odd but true that very few bacteria can survive in quite low concentrations of ethyl alcohol.

The IUPAC name is ethanol.

Having stumbled upon this we evolved the means to destroy the poison we were drinking. (In other places, notably the Far East, early humans learnt to boil their water instead and so evolved differently.)

Other humans have evolved differently? Could you explain that? You mean because of their low tolerance to ethanol?

diamorphine (that's heroin to you)

I know that!

PS: Have you ever watched a cat chasing phantom butterflies? It's probably been at the catnip. ;) ;) ;)

I have seen monkeys and birds getting drunk off fermented fruit.

PS. I like the way you always use 3 emoticons. :D :D :D

i just about seen everything, but i aint seen an elephant fly! :LOL:

I have :LOL:

600px-Flying_elephant.jpg

drink is the king of drugs ;) caffeine the queen :cool: the rest gets mess with to much :eek: so they must be the joker :LOL: ;) i am high on life but i like a pint then a short then a sleep :LOL: :LOL: may your drug go with you :)

Sponsored Links
Back