Your Money's No Good Here

Sponsored Links
This only proves that we should strongly oppose cashless.
At the moment the banks need us to survive but if we go cashless we will need them.
Imagine if we were a cashless society and banks blacklisted us.
We would have no way to spend, receive or send our money.
That's why I've been advocating against a cashless society for years.
When you can, pay in cash.
If cash disappears we will be subjected to the banks goodwill to have us as customers.
By keeping cash alive, they will have less arguments to go for a cashless society.
It can happen to anyone.

Agree, but unfortunately it's a lost cause. If it can't be done on a smart [dumb] phone, younger people don't want to know. Several times I've witnessed them in supermarkets, etc struggling to pay with their devices while I sail through with cash. Though I almost got caught out recently at a wake held at the bar of Bristol Rovers football ground. Bar was card only. Luckily I had my debit card or it would have been a sober affair.

This only proves that we should strongly oppose cashless.
At the moment the banks need us to survive but if we go cashless we will need them.
Imagine if we were a cashless society and banks blacklisted us.
We would have no way to spend, receive or send our money.
That's why I've been advocating against a cashless society for years.
When you can, pay in cash.
If cash disappears we will be subjected to the banks goodwill to have us as customers.
By keeping cash alive, they will have less arguments to go for a cashless society.
It can happen to anyone.
Kind of connected to this. Saw a news article on tv this morning re the government bringing in legislation to ensure banks offer ATMs within 3 miles of where people live (wherever possible) to ensure the elderly, those in rural areas and anyone who doesn't bank online can still have access to cash. A guy was on the news piece representing some sort of financial watchdog (or something like that) stating how important the legislation is given cash is 'here to stay' to ensure no one is excluded.

Despite his confidence, I won't be surprised if we're in a completely cashless society within the next 20 years or so.

You not read about the country folk being targeted, which has been mentioned in here?
Put up some links I'm not going digging.

I asked a genuine question about this, nobody seems to have proved I'm wrong

Sponsored Links
You had your own opinion you shared when it was voiced, so it shouldn't be too hard to research.

I won't be surprised if we're in a completely cashless society within the next 20 years or so
The only time I use cash is for the pound coin in my Tesco trolley. A Euro also fits.

The only time I use cash is for the pound coin in my Tesco trolley. A Euro also fits.

Good way of playing the money markets, go to Tescos with a bag of Euros and buy pounds at parity by moving trolleys around.

Agree, but unfortunately it's a lost cause. If it can't be done on a smart [dumb] phone, younger people don't want to know. Several times I've witnessed them in supermarkets, etc struggling to pay with their devices while I sail through with cash. Though I almost got caught out recently at a wake held at the bar of Bristol Rovers football ground. Bar was card only. Luckily I had my debit card or it would have been a sober affair.
Post scamdemic we got to a pub with a big sign saying cards only.
I ordered 10 pints and produced cash.
Asked if I had a card I said no.
The landlord intervened and very gladly took the contaminated banknotes...for the following 6/7 rounds.

The landlord intervened and very gladly took the contaminated banknotes...for the following 6/7 rounds.
Good lad. You tell em.

I had a similar experience. Last year a pub that had been closed for some time (not because of Covid) reopened. I went in there because I used to visit regularly. Asked for bitter, but only had lager or cider. OK then, pint of Thatchers please. Try to hand over a note, but told card only. Had no card on me so LL said pay next time. Also a pool table had been put in. Haven't been back since.

Sponsored Links
Back