Your opinion on the safety and legality of this board please.

This is looking more and more like an exam question

Sponsored Links
The busbar is connected to neutral at the RCCB. It's reversed polarity.
I'm not so sure about that. The photo is taken at a a very odd angle (look at the relationship between busbat lugs and MCBs as one moves across), leading to some potenetial 'optical illusions'.

It looks to be as if the busbar is quite probably going to the '2' terminal of the RCCB, the big blue cable to the N of the RCCB and the big brown one going to some device to the right of the RCCB which we can't see.

Sponsored Links
The Busbar certainly needs to be checked, looking at the part on the left it doesn't even look like two of those circuits are even supplied. Not sure what it's been cut with, certainly not a sharp hacksaw or something suitable.

I hate seeing exposed copper busbar like that makes me shudder.

I would prefer to see another photo taken further back

(Edit, just realised the bar is doubled up there)

Last edited:
The Busbar certainly needs to be checked, looking at the part on the left it doesn't even look like two of those circuits are even supplied. Not sure what it's been cut with, certainly not a sharp hacksaw or something suitable.

I hate seeing exposed copper busbar like that makes me shudder.

I would prefer to see another photo taken further back
I'm more concerned about the 2 on the right, it looks like the prongs may have missed the clamps.

Second thoughts, I can't remember if BG have cage clamps or screwclamps.

Indeed, it is a little strange that the MCBs are slightly smaller than the RCDS. Hopefully the prongs are long enough!

I'm more concerned about the 2 on the right, it looks like the prongs may have missed the clamps.
It's impossible to be certain of anything from that photo, but it looks as if the busbar prong is in line with the blue neutral cable - and if the prong had missed the clamp, where else could it be going?

Last edited:
It's impossible to be certain of anything from that photo, but it looks as if the busbar prong is in light with the blue neutral cable - and if the prong had missed the clamp, where else could it be going?
Do you think it's not this
1708379869349.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back