Zanussi - dirt in drum after full load of washing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Zanussi washing machine appears to be left with dirt / mud in it after I've done put in a full load of washing. With small loads there is sometimes, but not always, a little dirt collected at the bottom of the door seal, but it isn't on the clothes. When I put a full load in (but I don't think I'm overloading it), the clothes are dirty as well as there being dirt collected in the bottom of the door seal.

It doesn't look to me like grease or scale, which are problems I've seen reported elsewhere on this forum, but like mud. Any help very gratefully received!

Sponsored Links
Depending on your type of water and the detergent you use, your machine can accumulate a build up of crud over time. Now and then some of comes loose and leaves a brownish lumpy deposit on your washing.

To stop this from happening, every month or so do a high temperature wash (no clothes) using washing soda crystals. These will clean the machine over time.

If however, you are getting black oily marks it could mean your bearings are on the way out.

Thanks so much for this - it sounds as though this is what's happened with my machine, as it's dirt rather than oily marks. I'll certainly give it a try.

Thanks again. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back